CalTrans shed with Baldy in background
Top of GMR
Fred, his wife Gina, and Robert after SART ride
Stretch of Santa Ana River Trail
All really nice people and great riders
Having seen the videos and heard the stories of rides on the SART, I finally invited myself along on one of Fred's weekend rides down there. It was pretty much what I figured it was going to be like , except the flatness. Man was it ever flat. We put in 42 miles and only had 500 feet of gain the entire time. One thing I really enjoyed was the riding in a paceline for the first time ever. Learned a lot from that, mainly that you have to pay attention to what is going on around you at all times. We rode inland a little over 8 miles before turning around and heading to the beach(Huntington). Got there and hung out for a while, then headed back to the cars which were parked by Angel Stadium. All in all, a great time. Seeing how I felt that I really hadn't pushed myself, when I got home, I rested for a couple hours then went up GMR to the shack. Seeing how the SDSR was still going on, the road was pretty empty for a Sunday afternoon. High clouds kept the temp up, making for a good ride both up and down. Great day on the bike.

No comments:
Post a Comment