Steve and Katie
Start of Stage Race
One of the racers
Waiting for his start
Debris Basin
Got home from work and hit Steve up to see if he was interested in hiking up the trail above Loraine Ave to intersect GMR at the first switchback to watch as the racers from the San Dimas GMR stage race Time Trials rode by. Thought I could get a new hike in and get some pics at the same time. The hike was a nice one, and we hit the pavement right at the switchback. Stayed there for a while, getting plenty of shots as the riders were coming through quite often. Turns out they were being sent off from the bottom every 30 seconds. We then hiked down to behind the debris basin,which was empty for the most part, and I went up to the staging area and got some more pics. It was interesting to see the workings of how a race is sent off. We then hiked back to the trail and down to Steve's truck, where I got some really nice pics of some really colorfull flowers. Nice day all in all.

No comments:
Post a Comment