Thursday, February 16, 2012

February 16, 2012--- Overnight at Coldbrook with Jim and Chuck

Me sitting next to the fire, trying to stay warm on the outside to
match my warm on the inside.

Showing just how big this fire really was.



What originally started out as an overnight hiking trip turned into a much needed sitting around the fire, eating steak, and consuming alchohol trip for the three of us. Chuck , Jim, and I got to Coldbrook midafternoon, after having made a stop at the Stater Bros. back in town to pick up vitals for the evening.
  Upon picking out just the right campsite, Jim got a fire started in the cooking BBQ, which left Chuck and I to head up the road a bit in his car to find some real amounts of wood for the fire that would be keeping us warm through the evening. We found a turnout about a mile up the road that had a ton of dead wood right on the side of it and we took advantage. Once back at the camp, we unloaded what looked like enough wood to keep 5 fires going all evening. Had a huge pile next to the fire pit, within easy reach from the chairs we sat in. Through the beer, Beam, and B.S., that fire keep us nice and toasty warm. Jim was the first to hit the sleeping bag, around 9 PM or so, but Chuck and I (dozing off and on in the chair) managed to stay mostly awake until after midnight.
  I was the first one up, even beating the surise. It wasn't too cold, so I stayed out of the sleeping bag until everyone started moving around. Jim made up the usual great breakfast. and we had a beer or two to finish off the morning. All in all, a relaxing time away from it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment