Top of Baldy from the first saddle on GMR.
After having not been on the bike for the most part of the last two months, Wednesday afternoon was just too nice of a day to pas up. Getting a very late start, with lights on the bike in case I turned this into a longer than expected ride, I took off not knowing what to really expect. I had suffered through one of my worst gout attacks about 3 to 4 weeks earlier, and the knees were just starting to feel like they were a real part of me once again. That being said, I didn't want to push them on the first ride back, so I was going to be happy just getting a little altitude in, and thought to my self the first saddle would be a goal to not over extend my self on. Figured I could always go higher if things felt good, but for once, common sense won out over my enthusiasm, and upon getting to the half way mark, I stopped and told myself to not push it any more, Things (knees and the body in general) felt good, so take it easy for once. I sat on the wall for over a half hour, enjoying just being up in the mountains and the setting sun. Enjoyed the day, and look forward to the next time up. |
No comments:
Post a Comment