Thursday, December 29, 2011

December 29, 2011 Up GMR with Fred and the new build

 Newman's Point with the new build.
Fred's Madone at Newman's Point
Close up of the Bianchi at Newman's Point
 Baldy behind Newman's Point
 Up above the shack on GMR
Fred's ride at top of GMR


Finally got off the butt and finished building up the Bianchi frame that I had bought off Ebay numerous years back. Bought all the parts to make up the component group also on Ebay, used, so as to save money. The main reason for buying this stuff was just to see if I had in me the means to build up a bike. I put the entire bike together myself, except the wheels which came off my Scattante when I bought that a few years back and replaced them with better ones. Anyway, with the bike in one piece (or so I was hoping), I headed up GMR for its virgin ride. Fred, whom had gotten a new job about a month back, had the week off for the holidays and came along. Turns out we both had been sick the last few days and neither one of us was in much of a hurry to get up the road very fast. With only a minor rear derailleur adjustment on the way up, things were shifting and the breaks were stopping sort of along the lines I was hoping for. After sitting at the wall above the shack for a while and enjoying the warm sunshine, we headed down. Everything stayed in one piece, and I only need to do a few more minor adjustments to fine tune it all. Just might have tot ry this again with maybe a nicer brand new frame. 

No comments:

Post a Comment