Wednesday, November 3, 2010

November 3, 2010 Peacock Saddle + San Dimas Canyon

The intersection at the short, steep section of San Dimas Canyon Mr Beanz, Matt, and myself at Peacock Saddle
Fred on the way out to Peacock
The classic shot of GMR and Baldy
Crystal Lake Bowl taken from GMR below
Newman's Point
Downtown L. A. from GMR. What a clear morning.
Another run out to Peacock
Seeing how I felt fairly sure I wouldn't be doing the Forum Ride out to the village on Saturday, I wanted to get a good ride in today, but Fred wanted to save the legs for the Saturday ride. Either way, we got a great ride in up to Peacock Saddle under as perfect conditions as one could come across. Nice and warm but not hot, no wind, warm downhill sections, and was able to bread a sweat without minding. Warm in the direct sunlight, but not hot. Just a perfect weather day. We hit the shack and kept going instead of the usual break there. When we made Peacock, we called it a day and enjoyed the conditions. While we were there, Tinker Juarez went by on a mountain bike that from a distance almost had a engine sound to the tires on the pavement. After he went by, Matt showed up on his way back from the Village. He stopped to talk for a while and then the 3 of us headed down the road together. Fred kept going ahead and getting some video in places.
He needs to find a job doing something involving filming. He is good at it. After reaching the bottom, seeing how I had wanted to do something longer to begin with, I took off and did San Dimas Canyon and across to Esporanza, down to Baseline and back home. Added about 13 miles, not enough to get the 50 I wanted , but because of the heat down at that elevation, it was enough. Great day, great ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment