Gorgonio
Top of Baldy
Decided it was time to use my Baldy season pass before all the snow had melted and was gone. Having worked all night, motivation was as usual a major factor. But after snoozing after getting home, I finally got on the road around noon. I pulled into the parking lot at Baldy 35 minutes later and an hour after leaving the house I was at the top of the first lift. The afternoon started out warm enough that I stripped off the long sleeve shirt I had on under my parka. For the most part of the afternoon, I was plenty warm with what I had on. I made a total of 10 runs in right at 2 hours. There were no crowds and was able to get right back on the lifts without waiting after every run. Noticed the difference all the bike riding has made for my legs. They were much stronger then usual for the first day of a ski season. That felt really good. The tenth and final run was down to the parking lot, and by that time the legs were letting me know they were tired. Great day, solo as it was.

No comments:
Post a Comment