Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Feb. 22, 2010 Up GMR in a windstorm

Intersection to turn on
Looking up towards the CalTrans shed with "The Peak" in background.
Downtown L.A. from GMR
Started around 2:45 in afternoon. Had rained when I got home from work, so I was not sure I would get a ride in at all today. Slept for a few hours and when I woke, it was nice and clear,and very windy. Well I decided to go up anyway, and was glad I did. Had occasional strong winds on the bottom half of the ride, but when I got to Newman's Point they outdid themselves. Making the turn there, I was brought almost to a complete halt due to the strength of the wind. Was almost pedaling and not going anywhere.Made the top and got dressed for the ride down. More riders heading up as I was going down than I expected to see. All in all, a great ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment