Sunday, August 28, 2011

August 28, 2011 Up GMR with Chuck for a beer

The view from the bar. Ran out. May as well head for home. Iron Mtn. Little GMR with Baldy . The Queen of the San Gabrials. Closer shot of Iron. The only way to keep the bugs away. but man oh man does that just look wrong. Seeing how I had done the healthy thing this morning. ( got up early and rode to the shack at the top of GMR) I got in touch with Chuck about heading up GMR for some photo shooting, and, oh ya, maybe a beer of three. Well by the time Chuck got there, the thunder heads that had been over the mountains all day had lost their photo appeal, so we went for the beer. Not that I still didn't shoot some pics, just lost the chance for some nice cloud shots. Once on top, we broke out the chairs and staked out a spot in the shade of the mountain side with a great view towards Baldy. the temp was easy 15 degrees cooler than back down in Glendora. Very nice as a matter of fact. Once we sat down though, we discovered the down side. BUGS. Lots and lots of the lousy , no good for anything, little bastards. At least I had a hat I could use to swish back and forth around my head to try and keep the little SOB's away, Chuck had nothing. After an hour of putting up with them, we came up with the idea of pulling our shirts up over our ears so as to keep them off. Seemed to work well enough. We sat around and watched as the sunlight on Baldy went from bright yellow to alpenglow, and eventually total darkness. An evening well spent shooting the breeze with Chuck while enjoying a beer and watching the sunset. Yet another great time in the mountains.

No comments:

Post a Comment