
Stream between Long Lake and Treasure Lakes

Warren and Jim checking out the view

Warren recouping from the extreme hike in

Pyramid Pk and Bear Creek Spire from camp

The goal, Pyramid Pk

Warren and Jim at the outlet for Long Lake

The view they were enjoying

Warren and Jim at the trail head,waiting on
my ass as usual.

Another shot of Pyramid
Great trip
Jim and I drove up Thursday afternoon/evening and got to the trail head parking lot somewhere around 9 PM I think. We had stopped in Lone Pine for piazza and beer. Warren showed up sometime around 3 AM. Friday morning, after taking my usual 9 hours to get packed, we hit the trail. After the grueling hour and twenty minute or so hike in, we arrived at Long Lake. Lots of people up in Little Lakes Valley, but it was a Friday in very early Fall, and the weather was perfect. The hike in went as expected for me. Short of breath on the short uphills, but feeling better within a minute or two of catching my breath. Starting a hike at 10,000 feet, no matter what your conditioning is, takes its toll. I have noticed the last few years that I don't start out trips at altitude all that well anymore. Not that I ever did, but I notice a decline. Oh well, age does creep up on one. So we got to Long Lake and picked out a campsite. It was nice in that not one other group picked Long Lake to spend the weekend at. As we found out later, most people up there that weekend were climbers, and they all opted for base camps closer to their climbs. After taking it easy and getting set up, we went for a cross country hike heading up towards Treasure Lakes. We got some nice pics and headed back to camp for dinner and cocktails. Just before calling it a night, I suggested another little endeavor up the side of the hill right behind our camp, and to my surprise, Warren and Jim agreed. Got up the hill and took a few more pics as the sun was heading down, casting a nice golden
alpen glow on the surrounding peaks. Got back to camp and crashed. Great easy day in the Sierras.
No comments:
Post a Comment