Thursday, November 14, 2013

November 14, 2013 Starting the move of 4014

Jason next to 4014 after the start of the move out of the museum

Mileages that 4014 had moved and was going to move

4014 in all its glory sitting by itself

How it got moved out of the museum

And this was the motor power for the move




A day or to before I had gotten the call from Jason that the move of 4014 from its berth at the Rail Giants museum at the Los Angeles county fairgrounds was going to start on Thursday and he wanted to go if it was possible for me. I had promised him I would be his ride out there whenever this was to take place, so I was committed to this. I have to admit, this locomotive is one very impressive piece of machinery and I sort of wanted to see what was going to be happening.
  We got there in time to miss the first half of the press conference that was taking place, bu we knew most of the stats they were relaying to he press and uninitiated. Jason fit right in with all the old train worshipers, and had come wearing his museum staff tee shirt. I took lots of pics before heading off to find some shade and try to catch a few z'sss while Jason was hving fun in his element. after a few  hours we went back to his house and had pizza before he had to head to school for band practice. It's a great time when one love (being in the band) steals you away from your main love in life ( trains).

No comments:

Post a Comment