Sunday, April 8, 2012

April 8, 2012 Easter morning ride

If you could only smell these flowers.

They closed off the road on the San Dimas Canyon ride


There was some work involved


 A fantastic day in the hills



Figured it would be a nice day on the bike, so got up early and headed out towards San Antonio Dam. Went out baseline and worked my way over to Mountain so I could make it up and around the dam. The road was fairly empty for a Sunday morning, but I kept forgetting it was Easter Sunday, and that more than likely had an effect on the numbers. It had been a while since the last time I had been at the top of Mountain, and I had forgotten just how steep that last little stretch is going up to the stop sign. Well I won''t forget that again. Made my way up to the fire station and stopped for a second to enjoy the views and snap a few pictures. There were quite a few people there enjoying the warm temps and the running stream. There was even some guy fishing, and I heard he tell someone he had caught and released 3 or 4. After hitting the short steep section back up to Baldy Road, I headed down and back out Baseline. Not having suffered enough, when I got to the intersection with Esperanza, I decided to head up it. Man, that part is STEEP. But before long it was over and I headed out Golden West and down to San Dimas Canyon. That part of the road is blocked off to cars now, and they are not keeping it clean, which made it not enjoyable on the downhill. Once over to S. D. Canyon Rd., headed back home. Was a great 35 miles or so on a beautiful day.



No comments:

Post a Comment