Train coming thru at Joe's Diner.
The original Route 66 going through Cajon
Pass area on Kenwood Ave.
Me up at the end of the road, Kenwood Ave.
Don't quite remember how this ride was chosen to do, but I do know that Fred and Gina have done most of it and I have seen it on the videos. Was a cloudy day right from the beginning, which helped greatly on keeping the heat down. Had a nice ride out to the Devore area, and was glad Fred knew where we were headed as I sure as heck didn't. Things went along nicely until on the way back, Fred had a catastrophic failure on his back tire. He discovered it at the top of a very steep climb, tried to make some adjusments so he could keep riding it, but after about 100 feet, even the tube didn;t like him any more and blew out. Lucky for him it did it then and not 2 minutes later, as that was a steep downhill and could have been ugly. lucky for him, Gina works not far from where this all happened, and he was able to get her to come get him when she got off work. That left me with riding the last 25 miles back to his house by myself. At least I didn't get lost, though I tried at a turn or two. Nice ride all in all.


No comments:
Post a Comment