Wednesday, March 30, 2011

March 30, 2011 GMR SOLO

Summit of Baldy from below the shack The shack with Baldy in the background Glendora Ridge Road from top of GMR Not a good day for me on the bike. I started way too late to beat the heat, and boy was the bottom half of the ride "Hot". I came as close as I ever have to tossing in the towel and turning around, even before I hit the halfway mark in the ride. Only 3rd time on the bike this year, and I am SO out of shape it is not funny, Decided to keep going, but I did stop a few times to enjoy the day, and catch a few seconds of recovery. Once reaching Newman's point I got a second wind and things improved, but as usual, I am not going to make it that far and not make the top. Stubborn in that way. View on top was awesome as usual, making me glad I held on and didn't give in to the pain on way up. Great day in the mountains.

No comments:

Post a Comment